As most of you know, Chris and I are in the beginning stages of planting a new church in Mont Belvieu, TX…the Pathway Church. After years of God placing church planting on our hearts He has led us to such a time as this. Mont Belvieu is a growing, thriving community with a need for passionate, God-honoring churches. It is our desire to establish ourselves in the community and introduce those around us to what a relationship with Jesus Christ is really all about.
We are in the middle of what some have labeled, “The Birthing Process”. As any mother would know, the birthing event is one of the most incredible processes a woman can go through…truly a miracle. But with it, comes intense labor and calls for dedication and intensity. We are in the thick of it, and want to call on you to beseech the Father along with us and on our behalf. Beginning October 1 through November 9 we are asking you to join us on a “40 Day Journey of Prayer”. These forty days are crucial in this beginning phase of the new ministry. Below, we have outlined some specific areas you can pray:
– Our Move: During this “40 Day Journey of Prayer”, we will be moving to our new home in Mont Belvieu to begin meeting with our core group and reaching out to people across the community.
– Open Doors: Pray God would open doors with community leaders to be receptive to a new church in the area. Also, Pray God would prepare the hearts for those we will reach out to with God’s love.
– Wisdom: Pray for wisdom from God and direction as we seek to lay a foundation for a church that will touch Mont Belvieu for generations.
– Perseverance: Pray for us to have steadfast endurance to withstand all the pressures involved in church planting. Pray also, God would bind the enemy from our efforts.
– Our Core Group: Pray God would continue to bring people who are like-minded in vision and passion for the Lord.
– Funding: Pray God would provide the funding needed to effectively minister in this community with so many needs and opportunities.
If you would commit to pray, would you let us know by commenting on this blog post, letting us know on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/thepathwaychurchmb) or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also love to add you to our email list to keep you updated on current news through our enewsletter. You can send us your email through any of the avenues above. Thank you again for joining us in this journey!